Monday, November 19, 2012

Alma Chapter 61



61:2-3 - "...I say unto you, Moroni, that I do not joy in your great afflictions, yea, it grieves my soul..."
Pahoran was awesome!  He could have been very offended by what Moroni had to say, but he supported Moroni and accepted the counsel.
We need to accept our leaders and support them - it leads away from apostasy.  When you question authority, you need to be careful, because it can also be an indication of pride.


61:9 - "...I, Pahoran, do not seek for power, save only to retain my judgment-seat that I may preserve the rights and the liberty of my people. My soul standeth fast in that liberty in the which God hath made us free..."
Pahoran did not seek for power, but to preserve the liberty of the people.  When we look for leaders, especially in the Government, we must look for people who do not seek for power but to preserve liberty.


61:14 - "...Therefore, my beloved brother, Moroni, let us resist evil, and whatsoever evil we cannot resist with our words, yea, such as rebellions and dissensions, let us resist them with our swords, that we may retain our freedom, that we may rejoice in the great privilege of our church, and in the cause of our Redeemer and our God..."
These men, Moroni and Pahoran, were men of faith and not bloodthirsty - they sought first to resist their enemies in a peaceful manner, then if that failed, then they would fight.  They had faith that God would help them.
We must seek to be peacemakers and use peaceful manners to resist enemies or create change.  If we have faith in God, and work to exercise that faith, we will be guided to know how to best approach each situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment