Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Helaman Chapter 7



7:7-9 - "...Oh, that I could have had my days in the days when my father Nephi first came out of the land of Jerusalem...Yea, if my days could have been in those days, then would my soul have had joy in the righteousness of my brethren..."
Nephi at this point is saying "Oh if I could have lived 'back in the day' - it would have been more joyful."  But remember that Laman & Lemuel were murmuring pretty consistently and threatened to kill their brother Nephi multiple times throughout the journey out of Jerusalem.
That probably wouldn't have been so enjoyable.
Times are never 'easy' - we just need to be as Alma and be grateful for what the Lord has given us, including our present situations (Alma 29:3) and live after the 'manner of happiness' (2 Nephi 5:27). 


7:20 - "...O, how could you have forgotten your God in the very day that he has delivered you?"
We see this in another example in Moses where Satan came among the children of Adam and tempted them saying, "Believe it not" - and they believed it not! (Moses 5:13, see also Alma 46:8).
We need to always remember Him and be an example.  If we do this, we will be blessed.


7:29 - "...but behold, I know that these things are true because the Lord God has made them known unto me, therefore I testify that they shall be..."
Nephi didn't ask for a sign, but he studied and prayed in faith.  There's a big difference - and exercising faith brings testimony as well as knowledge.
That's a great power!

No comments:

Post a Comment