Thursday, February 7, 2013

Moroni Chapter 8


8:3 - "...I am mindful of you always in my prayers..."
This is how we need to remember others, especially friends, family, and enemies (Ephesians 1:15-16, Philippians 1:3-4).  We should always pray for others.


8:11-15 - "...little children need no repentance, neither baptism..."
People who think little children need baptism do not understand the plan of salvation.
Elder Octaviano Tenorio talked about this in the November 2007 Ensign, Pg. 95-97.  "I know that thanks to the power of godliness manifested in the ordinances of the temple, I will now be able to know my daughter.  I will embrace her, and we will be with her for eternity, just as we are now with our three surviving children...(this priesthood makes eternal families possible)."
Correct understanding brings great comfort!


8:17 - "...I love little children with a perfect love..."
Little children are innocent, and it's fun to be around them.  The Savior loved little children as well - we need to treat children correctly.


8:25 - "...baptism cometh by faith unto the fulfilling the commandments..."
So many blessings of faith!  Baptism...eternal life...even repentance.  We rely so much on faith, sometimes without even realizing it.  We must do what we can to be grateful and show Him our faith and gratefulness by accepting these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment