Thursday, January 31, 2013

Moroni Chapter 1


1:1,4 - "...Now I, Moroni, after having made an end of abridging the account of the people of Jared, I had supposed not to have written more, but I have not as yet perished..."
Moroni thought that by this time he would have died.  The Lord wanted us to have what was written in Moroni - it is very important with information on how to run the church, and at the end, one of the most used scriptures, Moroni 10:3-5.  Thank goodness that Moroni wrote this book!


1:2-3 - "...And I, Moroni, will not deny the Christ..."
Moroni was a great example to us.  He was the only one left who would not deny the Christ, and still he wouldn't.  We need to do the same and not deny the testimony that we have.


1:4 - "...I write a few more things, that perhaps they may be of worth unto my brethren, the Lamanites, in some future day, according to the will of the Lord..."
Moroni had faith that his words would actually help.  If we have the faith that our words will help, then we be more motivated to write in our journals and work to try to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment