Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Alma Chapter 36


36:2 - "...I would that ye should do as I have done..."
Alma is teaching his son in this chapter and encourages him to follow his example.
We also should look to our fathers and follow their righteous examples.


36:9 - "...and he said unto me: If thou wilt of thyself be destroyed, seek no more to destroy the church of God..."
No matter how much some people may try, they cannot force somebody else to take their view.  We must also not seek to do the same, whether it's against the church or in behalf of the church.  To force others is a path of destruction.
We must convert ourselves and share our convictions and testimonies, but realize that we cannot force others to adopt the same beliefs.


36:24 - "...Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost..."
We must not become weary of doing good.  There are always people that need help, and there's something that we can do to help or prepare to help.


36:24-26 - "...that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste..."
When we receive great blessings, we must have the faith and actions to try to bring them to others.  We can exercise faith and hope that they will benefit from our actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment