Wednesday, June 13, 2012

1 Nephi Chapter 9



9:3 - "I have received a commandment of the Lord that I should make these plates..."
One of the main reasons that the Brass Plates were retrieved from Laban was that their children would not dwindle and perish in unbelief (1 Nephi 4:13).  The Mulekites later on had dwindled because they had no record.  Even their language was lost (Omni 1:17).
This shows the importance of 1. Keeping a journal and 2. Studying the scriptures.  We need to do both!



9:5-6 - "...which purpose I know not..."
116 pages of the Book of Lehi were lost, and the information on the second set of records were sufficient to get the same message/history across (Words of Mormon 1:5-7, 1 Nephi 19:3).
We must trust in the Lord - do our best, and trust that He knows what He is doing.



9:6 - "...the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning..."
I still don't understand how it works, but I know that I can trust the Lord and act in faith.  As I do this, I will come to better understand where I will end up and the process as well.  Acting in faith and with faith - it's very interesting, yet essential.  If we do, we will have the Holy Ghost to guide us as we are righteous.  If we don't, we will give in to our doubt and despair.  It is actually our true nature to act in faith.


1 comment: