Tuesday, July 3, 2012

2 Nephi Chapter 7



7:1 - "...have I put thee away, or have I cast thee off forever..."
The Lord does not put us away or cast us off...it is because of our own sins that we do that to ourselves.  We must repent and humble ourselves and come unto Him if we do not wish to be cast off forever.



7:7-8 - "...the Lord God will help me..."
I want to live my life in such a way that I will always be able to say with confidence that the Lord God will help me too.



7:10 - "...who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness and hath no light?..."
This is not just a nice statement - it's a promise...and an awesome one at that.  If we want to have a guiding light that we desperately need, then we need to respect and fear the Lord and obey his voice (through the commandments and teachings).  This will give us the light that we need and show us what we need to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment