Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mosiah Chapter 17


17:2-4 - "...Alma...believed the words which Abinadi had spoken...and did write all the words which Abinadi had spoken..."
True doctrine, understood, improves attitudes and behavior.  Alma understood, and radically changed his attitude and behavior.  It's practically natural and automatic.  When we understand, we improve our behavior.

17:10,20 - "...having sealed the truth of his words by his death..."
I don't know if I would be able to handle that sort of situation...I'm definitely a people-pleaser. I want to be obedient to God, and if He asks me to do something, I want to do it.  However, I would much rather lift people up instead of condemning them.
I suppose the main point here is that although it may be hard, and may lead to your death, it is eternally important to do what the Lord asks of you.

17:20 - "...having sealed the truth of his words by his death..."
Abinadi gave his life for the gospel and the Lord.  We should have the faith required to give our life for the Lord.  Whether that is giving our life as in sacrificing it in death, or living our lives to build the kingdom, it still takes faith.
We must work and keep the commandments and we will develop faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment