Wednesday, December 19, 2012

3 Nephi Chapter 12



12:13 - "...Verily, verily, I say unto you, I give unto you to be the salt of the earth; but if the salt shall lose its savor wherewith shall the earth be salted? The salt shall be thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out and to be trodden under foot of men..."
One of the best tasting things in the world is cooked salted meat.
However, it tastes really bad when the salt is left in humidity and gets stale, losing its flavor. Having lived in a very humid area for a few years, I have seen this firsthand - and had to throw away a bunch of salt.
Granted, salt is a lot less expensive now than it was back during the Savior's time. However, the principle is the same.
We need to always be steadfastly moving towards the Savior so we do not become stale and good for nothing.


12:23-24 - "...Therefore, if ye shall come unto me, or shall desire to come unto me, and rememberest that thy brother hath aught against thee - Go thy way unto thy brother, and first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come unto me with full purpose of heart, and I will receive you..."
If we want to come unto Christ, we must have faith enough to repent and resolve issues before we can come unto Christ.


12:48 - "...Therefore I would that ye should be perfect even as I, or your Father who is in heaven is perfect..."
In Matthew 5:48 there is a similar message - but there it just says the Father.
It's interesting because it seems that it's saying that now that Jesus Christ has been resurrected and is perfect, that now it is our ultimate goal to be like both of them.
It takes more than this earthly life, but we can eventually do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment