Thursday, December 27, 2012

3 Nephi Chapter 21



21:1-3 - "...And verily I say unto you, I give unto you a sign, that ye may know the time when these things shall be about to take place—that I shall gather in, from their long dispersion, my people, O house of Israel, and shall establish again among them my Zion...these things shall be made known unto them..."
One of the signs of the Second Coming is the appearance of the Book of Mormon.
It's here.  We have it - and it shows us how we can repent, be baptized, and know of "the true points of [His] doctrine" (vs. 6).
It's up to us to search out and follow the true doctrine.


21:11 - "...Therefore it shall come to pass that whosoever will not believe in my words, who am Jesus Christ, which the Father shall cause him to bring forth unto the Gentiles, and shall give unto him power that he shall bring them forth unto the Gentiles, (it shall be done even as Moses said) they shall be cut off from among my people who are of the covenant..."

I think it's important to focus on the blessings, but we should also keep in mind the consequences of not having and living in faith.  If we don't, we are cut off. If we do, we have acceptance, joy, life - even eternal life - and the great blessings of the Atonement.
I would much rather have these blessings than the negative consequences!



21:22 - "...But if they will repent and hearken unto my words, and harden not their hearts, I will establish my church among them..."

This is how the Lord prepares us for His Second Coming - We prepare ourselves.
To prepare ourselves, we must believe in His words, and then bring those words to those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment